"Calcium Builds Strong Bones"*
Regular exercise and a healthy diet with enough calcium helps all women approximately 11 to 35 years of age maintain good bone health and may reduce their high risk of osteoporosis later in life.
For persons with a family history of osteoporosis, menopausal women, or elderly men and women, adequate calcium intake is linked to reduced risk of osteoporosis through the mechanism of slowing the rate of bone loss.
Adequate calcium intake is important but daily intakes above 2000 mg are not likely to provide any additional benefits.
- Eat as much calcium as possible from food. Make up any shortfall with supplements.
- Buy supplements by price. Calcium carbonate is cheapest. If it gives you gas, take smaller doses or switch to another form.
- Look for "USP" on the label.
- Take your supplement with meals to aid absorption.
- Take no more than 500 milligrams in supplements at a time.
- Keep taking the supplements. If you stop taking them, any gains in bone strength will fade.
- Get enough vitamin D, which is essential for bone health, especially if you're over 50. Normally your body makes enough D when it's exposed to a little
sunlight, but after age 50 your body produces less. Get at least 400 IU a day (that's the amount in a quart of fortified milk or most multivitamin/mineral pills),
800 IU if you're over 65. Some calcium pills also contain D.
- If you are taking thyroid hormones, the antibiotic tetracycline, corticosteroids, or iron pills, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. Calcium can interfere
with these and some other drugs or minerals.
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
(from 950 mg calcium citrate)
Other Ingredients: Vegetable stearic acid, vegetable cellulose, silica
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 2 tablets two times daily.
Conforms to USP <2091> for weight. Meets USP <2040> disintegration for maximum bioavailability.
Made in USA in an FDA Registered Facility using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Two Tablets Provide: 400 mg calcium, 40% of the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance for adults and children 4 or more years of age.
Four Tablets Provide: 800 mg calcium, 80% of the U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance for adults and children 4 or more years of age.
*FORMULA 950 tablets are not manufactured or distributed by Mission Pharmacal Company owner of the registered trademark Citracal®