“CoQ10” may sound like a droid in Star Wars, but it’s actually a naturally occurring substance in the human body. Also known as “CoEnzyme Q10,” this substance plays a critical role in several body functions, including heart health.
Unfortunately, research suggests that some people may have reduced levels of this substance, reports the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. This substance decreases as you age, and it is believed that many diseases, including some genetic disorders, are associated with low levels of CoQ10.
This can become a serious problem as CoQ10 is an antioxidant necessary for cells to function properly. Cells rely on CoQ10 for producing the energy they need to grow and stay healthy.
While it is possible to obtain CoQ10 from whole grains, meat, and fish, these dietary sources don’t offer enough of the antioxidant to have a significant impact on your body’s overall levels. This is one reason why some people take CoQ10 supplements.
Benefits of CoQ10 Antioxidant
The NIH has collated research that suggests CoQ10 supplements may have health benefits for individuals with reduced levels of CoEnzyme Q10. Here’s a summary of their findings:
- “CoQ10 may reduce the risk of some complications of heart surgery.”
- CoQ10 may be effective in preventing migraines.
- Additional benefits may exist for reducing muscle pain caused by statins and for managing other conditions, such as:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Down syndrome
- Huntington’s disease
- Male infertility
Potential Benefits of CoEnzyme Q10 Supplements
CoEnzyme Q10 supplements may:
- Offset the natural loss of CoQ10 accompanied by aging.
- Boost the immune system.
- Provide nutritional support for the heart and gums.
- Promote quicker recovery following bypass surgery.
These supplements are considered safe to use. Though, as always, you should talk to your doctor before taking this product if you have any concerns. Have questions? Contact us! We’re just a click or call away.
Shop Now: Q10 Ultra | Co-Enzyme Q10 30 mg