Periodically, we at Wonder Labs present a piece like this that offers a package of products, summarizing their purposes and benefits, and all beginning with a particular letter of the alphabet. As you might have guessed from perusing this blog up to this point, our letter this time is “P”. Below are seven items that all begin with the letter P, and we hope you will find this presentation a preferable one pleasing to your palate. Note that some of these have been picked primarily because you don’t hear much about them – it’s time you do.
- Pancreatin. This is a digestive enzyme supplement consisting of a variety of different enzymes mixed together, its primary function to assist in the breakdown of consumed food and the conversion of it to energy – in other words, support digestive health. Per verywellhealth.com, pancreatin not only breaks down nutrients such as proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, it also can promote the maintenance of healthy weight for you and bolster the absorption of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Pantethine. This highly absorbable and biologically active form of pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) forms the reactive component of coenzyme A (CoA) and the acyl-carrier protein (ACP), which are significantly involved in carbohydrate, lipid, and amino acid metabolism. Pantethine helps support healthy serum lipid levels, and it promotes healthy cardiovascular function through its antioxidant activity.
- Pau d’Arco inner bark. This tree bark is used for the production of a tea able to treat an assortment of health issues. It helps detoxify and provides antiviral and antifungal support. Per healthline.com, it is also marketed to reduce inflammation and promote weight loss. Wonder’s Premium Wildcrafted Brazilian Pau d’ Arco is harvested from its natural, wild environment high in the Brazilian mountains.
- Phytofed-DF. This all-natural nasal and sinus relief compound can be especially useful in dealing with the discomfort of seasonal allergies – without the drowsiness. It includes such compound extracts as eyebright, nettle, goldenseal, grape seed, and echinacea. It works by helping to relieve discomfort and congestion in nasal and sinus passages while boosting a healthy immune system response.
- Protein. Per webmd.com, protein is a key component of every cell in your body, and it is used by your body to build and repair tissues. This helps explain why protein is associated with so many health-enhancing activities, whether it be bodybuilders constantly replenishing their bodily supply by downing protein shakes, or why the overweight office worker turns to it as part of a regimen designed to lose weight. Because protein is a “macronutrient,” your body needs fairly large amounts of it, considering that your body does not store it. There is no reservoir from which to re-supply itself. That is your job! As they say in the gym, down the hatch!
- Proteolytic enzymes. Also known as protease, these are used to accelerate and support healing from bodily injury or surgery by supporting the body's response to inflammation. Its other health benefits include supporting a healthy immune system and promoting digestive and intestinal health. Note that enzymes, in general, per draxe.com, regulate metabolic functions while contributing to the maintenance of your stamina and energy levels.
- Pycnogenol. This is pine bark extract that is a potent antioxidant that, as a free-radical scavenger, is 20 times more powerful than vitamin C. More than 40 years of evidence-based scientific research support the ability of Pycnogenol to contribute to the neutralization of harmful free radicals produced by inflammation. This helps explain its demonstrated effectiveness in promoting joint mobility and flexibility while also naturally quelling any accompanying pain.