Magnesium plays many vital roles in the body. WebMD says that diseases such as osteoporosis, clogged arteries, diabetes, stroke, and high blood pressure have been linked to low magnesium levels.
A diet that includes foods such as fiber-rich vegetables is one way to get the recommended daily amount of magnesium. However, many people are not getting the proper amount of it daily. And that’s where magnesium supplements can help.
7 Benefits of Getting the Proper Amount of Magnesium Daily
1. Decreased anxiety: Magnesium is vital for GABA functions, a neurotransmitter that creates hormones like serotonin. Magnesium-regulated hormones are essential for improved relaxation and calmness in the brain.
2. Assist in digestion: According to Livestrong, magnesium encourages muscle relaxation in the digestive tract helping to relieve constipation. It neutralizes stomach acids, moving stool through the intestines more easily.
3. Increase energy: By activating adenosine triphosphate (ATP), magnesium aids in the creation of energy. This keeps people moving and alert throughout the day.
4. Alleviate insomnia: Magnesium supplements can help the heart rate, calm the mind, and help make it easier to get a peaceful night of sleep. This can also help make tomorrow a better morning,
5. Maintain a healthier heart: The highest concentration of magnesium in the body is in the heart’s left ventricle, says Today's Geriatric Medicine. Magnesium and calcium work together to help maintain proper blood pressure levels and decrease the chances of hypertension.
6. Decrease likelihood of migraines: By releasing pain-relieving hormones, and reducing the constriction of blood vessels, magnesium can assist in lowering the chance of getting a migraine.
7. Prevent Osteoporosis: Magnesium is a necessary mineral for appropriate bone formation, according to researchers at NCBI. It aids in building healthy bone density and can encourage the prevention of osteoporosis, and help reduce the effects in people with osteoporosis.
These are seven of the many benefits of getting the proper amount of magnesium daily. There are plenty of vitamins and minerals people can benefit from by receiving the right amount of them each day. Magnesium is obviously one of the most important and beneficial ones.